Thursday, December 23, 2010

Migrating from Delicious

With the recent uncertainty surrounding the future of Delicious social bookmarking site, I started using Google Bookmarks on a daily basis. I noticed that the services are very similar except for the delimiter between tags. The tag delimiter in Delicious are spaces and in Google Bookmarks it is the comma character. This takes some getting used to since I have been using Delicious for years.

Google Bookmarks needs a tag cloud user-inteface display. It may already exist but I have not found it yet. Just a matter of time to making this happen.

One last thing is that it would be nice to implement an import Delicious bookmarks with tags and notes and automatically transform them into the Google Bookmarks format. Hopefully, Yahoo! sells off Delicious and it will continue as a bookmarking service. I have come to depend on Delicious for research purposes and migrating to another service has its impacts to my daily online productivity.

No comments: