Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Google Web Toolkit makes AJAX Easier In Java

Today Google released the Google Web Toolkit (GWT) which is a Java framework that makes AJAX web applications easier to develop. I got my first taste of GWT today and have to say that Google has an AJAX product that makes building Java AJAX applications much easier to do. At least compared to my experiences in the past year.

A few of the features are that you don't have to write any Javascript. In comparison to other Java-based AJAX framework like DWR, you had to write some Javascript code. GWT generates all the necessary Javascript code for you! Google provides good examples for you to learn GWT.

Based on my first impression of GWT, they also provide decent documentation of GWT online. Anyway, this was a surprise that I happened to see in "Google Releases AJAX Framework".

No comments: